Sunday, February 6, 2011

BaByliss Ceramic Clampless Curling Wand

Now that my hair is straightened, I want curly hair.

My hair is fine and needs oomph. I want the freakishly giant locks of Cheryl Cole. But since I can't afford hair extensions, I'll just curl my hair for volume.

Initially I was looking for bendy rollers but for the same price, Argos sells their curling tongs for only £3.82!!! On second thought I bought the BaByliss curling wand from John Lewis for £19.95. Much kinder than the cheap version with the clamp that snags my hair.

The BaByliss curling wand has 5 temperature settings. It's ceramic coated and gets up to 200 degrees. I use it on it's lowest setting of 155 and that's enough to keep my hair curled or wavy for two days. It's clamp-free like the new trendy curling gizmos and the wand is the right length for my long hair.

I need to learn to wrap my hair around it properly but the first attempt is pretty good. I sprayed hair protectant on first and held the hair on long enough to feel it warm up. I finished off with plenty of hairspray. The waves came out shiny and with practice, I'll be mastering curls soon!

The low temperature helped preserve my hair and the ends did'nt touch the wand. Using it is a bit tricker but my hair is too long for the conventional curling tongs. I highly recommend this curler and if you get it, make sure to wear the heat protection glove provided so you don't burn yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails